Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc. is a privately held for-profit social enterprise that advances a mission of creating social change by providing high quality mental health care and promoting mental health training, research, and education through commercial pursuits.
Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc. is a professional licensed marriage and family therapy corporation in California. We provide high quality private-practice therapeutic services alongside community mental health services.
Community Mental Health
Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc. contracts with licensed mental health clinicians in private practice to provide care to children, teens, and adults who have witnessed or experienced violent crimes such as child abuse, sexual abuse, domestic violence, assault, rape, homicide, and gang violence. Many of our clients are children and teens who reside in foster care.
Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc. connects community mental health clients with experienced clinicians in private practice with the training, experience, and expertise to help. We do so by:
- Enrolling our clients in the California Victim Compensation Program, which allows us to pay clinicians near market-rate fees to provide mental health services to witnesses and victims of violent crimes.
- Marketing directly to social service and law enforcement agencies to provide clinicians with referrals instead of depending on infrequent referrals from overburdened government agencies.
- Maintaining electronic record management and automated billing and accounting systems to eliminate the administrative overhead that can make working with claims prohibitively time consuming and expensive.
- Training clinicians in aspects of community mental health work such as record keeping, Court documentation, assessments, permenancy planning, family maintenance, and assistance with adoptions.
- Providing financial incentives and assistance to contracting clinicians who wish to learn evidence based and cutting edge treatments for trauma such as EMDR, dialectical behavioral therapy, somatic experiencing, and mindfulness based cognitive behavioral therapy.
Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc. espouses the radical idea that you can make money while helping people, and that in order to treat your clients with honor and respect, you must do the same with your contractors and employees.
Blackbird Family Therapy, Inc. operates more like a Silicon Valley start-up than a traditional agency, allowing us to be far more nimble and responsive to both the actual needs of our community and market forces. We embrace technology instead of fearing it, and we honor a deep sense of innovation in all aspects our work.